New Directions 2040 Steering Committee Members Announced as Initial Visioning Phase of Plan Update Continues
St. Tammany Parish President Mike Cooper and the St. Tammany Parish Council Members announced their appointees for the 21-member Steering Committee of New Directions 2040. The steering committee members will consider the work products of the consultant team led by the firm of Asakura Robinson. Committee members will provide direction to the team for the updated goals, objectives, and tasks to promote resilient and sustainable development in the Parish.
“The update to our Comprehensive Plan will guide and shape our future. Choosing people from all areas of St. Tammany was of great importance to me,” Cooper said. “I want to thank all of my appointments for volunteering their time and agreeing to be a part of this process and this group, as they will join the other 14 members of the committee that were appointed by the Parish Council to provide guidance and expertise as we develop the plan.”
During the first phase of the public input visioning process, 154 people participated in meetings either in-person or via Zoom, 38 surveys were collected, and 72 ideas were submitted. Citizens can continue to complete surveys and submit ideas at the New Directions 2040 survey link . More public meetings are slated for 2021.
The outcome of the Comprehensive Plan update process will achieve several objectives. It will provide a factual basis for land-use decision-making; educate and inform the public; resolve points of conflict; and reduce arbitrary decision-making through establishing plan perimeters. The entire process to finalize a draft of the plan for a public hearing, and final presentation of a draft for adoption to all Parish governing bodies, is expected to be complete in late 2021 to early 2022.
Vợt cá 3DTo subscribe to project updates, please register to receive the project newsletter .
The New Directions 2040 Steering Committee Members are listed below.
St. Tammany Parish President Mike Cooper appointees:
- Rachael Catalanotto – Mandeville
- Rachael is a partner in the law firm of Talley, Anthony, Hughes and Knight, LLC.
- Donna McDonald – Slidell
- Donna is the President of McDonald Construction LLC in Slidell.
- Denis Bechac – Mandeville
- Denis manages U.S. Business Development at Smartmatic and former Mayor Pro-Tempore for the City of Mandeville.
- David L. Campbell – Folsom
- David is a retired attorney who served on the New Directions 2025 Committee. He currently serves on the Advocacy Committee of the Pontchartrain Conservancy.
- Bradley Cook – Covington
- Bradley is an Advisor with Stirling Properties commercial real estate team in the Covington office.
- Thomas Thompson – Eden Isles
- Thomas is a Member of the East St. Tammany Storm Protection Committee.
- Karen Ducre-Raymond – Lacombe
- Karen is the President of the Bayou Lacombe Museum.
St. Tammany Parish Council Appointees:
- Marty Dean, Councilman District 1 – TBA
- David Fitzgerald, Councilman District 2 -S. Dale Jenkins
- Martha Cazaubon, Councilwoman District 3 - A.J. Davis
- Michael Lorino, Jr., Council Chairman District 4 - Chris Masingill
- Rykert O. Toledano, Jr., Council Vice Chairman District 5 - Shelby LaSalle
- Cheryl Tanner, Councilwoman District 6 - Chris Hnatyshyn
- James J. Davis, Councilman District 7- Carlo Hernandez
- Chris Canulette, Councilman District 8 - Dave Doherty
- Mike M. Smith, Councilman District 9 - Gene Bellisario
- Maureen "MO" O'Brien, Councilwoman District 10 - Richard Lambert
- Steve Stefancik, Councilman District 11 - Ed Potivent
- Jerry Binder, Councilman District 12 - Bob Beck
- Jake A. Airey, Councilman District 13 - Jim Walter
- Thomas J. "T.J." Smith, Councilman District 14 - Lester Mayho